Mock Interviews.

I am super bummed that I had to get the flu, and not be able to join the rest of my cohort in state college and get interviewed with each other. With my time in college being slightly longer than others in the cohort, I didn't really think it was as important to have mock interviews. I have changed my mind since then, that is for sure.

Interviewer preparation before an interview: 6 hiring tips for ...I have accepted Penn States offer into the special education graduate program, this program is an extra year. Within that year I will be able to be certified to teach special education in the state of Pennsylvania, and I will obtain my masters degree in special education. Both things I have felt strongly about my entire life.

Back to the interviews, now something that I learned while I was at northwestern. The school district doesn't hire their substitutes, they have a company that hires them for them. I applied to be a paid sub, and I was interviewed by the hiring manager at Kelly Services. This was an important interview, I sent in my resume, and clearances before hand. I learned that not knowing what people look like (as odd as that sounds) makes me nervous. I really liked that I was asked questions about things on my resume, and I was able to more in depth talk about them. This showed me that I don't need to have a very detailed resume.

Something else I learned is that my resume doesn't really represent industry. I feel as though I have more experience with industry because of my farming background. Our operation is a full time, (not a hobby farm) business.

I felt a lot more comfortable getting interviewed by people I already knew, have talked to before. I know that this is not going to be the case while applying at schools that I may have never had contact with before. In the end, I definitely changed my mind about waiting to get the interview experience. The more experience the better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

What is a Placement SAE?