Visiting a Cohort Member

Although Covid 19 came and I was not able to physically go to see another cohort member teach classes, I have been following my cohort members on social media. Everyone has done some really awesome things with their classes.
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and indoor
It may not surprise all of you but Jess, and I have remained in really close contact through out this student teaching journey. Let me tell you about Jess, her and I met in 9th grade at Derry for local CDE's in the spring. Jess was the girl with the selfie stick ( I am not kidding, she carried it everywhere). We ran for state office together, went to gold toe socks together, and then ended up at Penn State together. We had our first college class together, NOT PLANNED. None of this was ever planned, but because it all happened we were able to become really close friends. When she changed her major to ag ed, we became even closer, spending more and more time together.

Image may contain: Jessica Barnhart, smiling, standingFast forward to student teaching we were both placed in the west, but were about an hour apart. We were able to remain in contact, and would go each other for lessons, and advice. As we all know Jess is really knowledgeable in environmental education, wildlife, and entomology. Me, I am an agriculture production, agronomy, and ag mechanics. 

We were able to share lesson plans and stay grounded throughout student teaching and switching over to online learning (due to covid 19). I was not only able to see the things that Jess was teaching, but I was able to see how excited that she was teaching them.

Although I never got to actually step foot into Brockway, I feel as though I have. I know that the teaching schedule is a little different than mine at Northwestern. She taught a shop class, after every physical class. That would be a lot of time in the shop with the same students, although I guess it would kind-of be like having a block schedule. It would just be odd having the rest of the school being non- block.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?