First time meeting during an SAE visit.

Being a member of Northwestern High School, I am able to see so many students that have so many different SAE's. The Entrepreneurship SAE is what I am going to mention in this blog.

No photo description available.It was in the middle of summer, and my first time really meeting some of these students one on one with Mr. Honeycutt. I realized very quickly that some of them didn't know how to feel about me giving them advice on their animals/ projects.

I can honestly say that this is the SAE that I am most familiar with, I raised beef cattle for my SAE projects while I was an FFA member. I feel as though I can really relate to these students that are doing this type of SAE project.

While on My SAE visits we saw a few different Entrepreneurship SAE's. These projects varied from beef cattle, goats, lambs, dairy, and hogs. I have shown goats, lambs hogs and beef cattle. I gave the advice that I knew about the species, and I talked to them about their feed, and their different buying and breeding systems. I wish that I would have been able to attend their fair to be able to see how their animals placed.

End story,
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, cloud, outdoor and natureI realized how important it is to be able to establish yourself as a teacher. When I mean is, these students didn't really take me seriously at this time. In the classroom, where I had more time to talk about my knowledge and my past experiences, that's when the connections were made, that is when some of these students realized that I do know what I am talking about.

You wouldn't believe how much advice I was asked for during class time, once these students realized that I do have a background in agriculture, I can relate to what they are learning, and I have been in their shoes. That is important information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?