First week with Albion FFA

While at farm show I got to watch and support some Albion FFA members obtain their fist jacket, and other members receive the highest degree in the state! It is amazing to be able to support students achievements from all of their hard work. 



As I look back to reflect on my three days with Albion FFA, I have multiple feelings. Nervous, I am extremely nervous. I keep thinking about the "what if's" that come along with student teaching. "what if they don't like me?" "What if they don't like what I am teaching?"

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing
We attended the Pennsylvania Farm show, and Guess what! We had two students that got first place in their division with an agri- science fair project! They now have the opportunity to attend nationals and compete at that level! I am really excited to have some really awesome students that are willing to work hard to achieve success.


After farm show I was able to come back to Northwestern and sit in on a days worth of Mr. Honeycutt's classes. There are so many students that are doing really cool things. It is really amazing to see students working hard in subjects that they are very passionate about.

This coming week is my first week of teaching, and I am super excited to see how it goes. I know that I have some really awesome lessons planned for each class I will be teaching.

I have only been a part of Northwestern for a short period of time, but I think I fit right in!

Comments

  1. Think about what mark you will leave on the program. What will your presence matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late to the game, but will be much more timely from here on out! I thought this comment was really interesting: "what if they don't like me?" "What if they don't like what I am teaching?" My gut reaction here is, "Why is this important?" Is everyone going to like you? Are YOU always going to like what you're teaching? What's important about those questions? What's the "result" of your students not liking you or your content?

    My challenge here is a call to action, and echoes Dr. Foster's comment. You can't do much about your students liking you or not. What you do influence is your enthusiasm, your energy, and why you think this content is important. You have control over the ways you show students that what they bring to class matters. You exert a ton of influence over whether students feel important and like they're solving problems. So at the end of the week, I hope the nervousness of "like" is starting to dissolve into the confidence of influence. Best wishes for a relaxing weekend! I can't wait to hear about your experience this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?