Life Knowledge Reflection

I think as an FFA advisor we have all looked at the FFA life knowledge lessons. I hope we can all agree that they are dry and need a little adaptation. I took this as a challenge, it felt as though I scanned though "box" for hours trying to pick the "perfect" one.
This was the first lesson that I would be teaching my students, I wanted them to like me, so I NEEDED a cool, fun lesson.

Sooooo.... I picked first impressions. I think this is a topic that I have been hearing a lot of lately, it take 7 seconds to make a first impression but 22 different encounters with that person to change that impression. That interested me. Image result for first impressions

Do high schoolers know how to make a good first impression? Do they know that their facial expressions might be saying different things their their body language?

I wanted to teach them how to make a good first impression, in hope that I would make a good impression in return. The lesson went over really well, I think that the students really enjoyed it. I realized that I have to give them instructions on when to stand up and move around and then again when they should go back to their seats and sit down.

I really wish that there were more lessons like this, that way I could have gotten to know my students learning methods a little bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?