First Day of School Exspectations

Classroom management is something that makes me very nervous about as a student teacher. I worry that the students will see that I am only there for a short (16) week time period. I worry that my students will just see me as a person that will be leaving, and that it is not important to follow my rules and meet my expectations.

I have made some posters for my expectations, Consequences, and some procedures. I think that these posters will be something that my students can look at for guidance. I do not think I will have much of a classroom management issue. I hope to keep my students engaged in hands on activities, and worksheets that provide them with the most knowledge of agriculture.

I do think that issues that I have in my classroom will be handled in my classroom. I believe that students will have more respect for a teacher that has handled an issue with them directly than just sending them to the office. I also really like the idea of letting a student think about what they did that did not meet my expectation, and then me coming back to them to talk about it. I do not want to disrupt the rest of my class by correcting some behavior issues.

Experiences teachers- What is the most common behavior that you have in your class and what is your favorite way to address it? 

Cohort- What is something that you worry about classroom management? 

Students- What are some ways that your teachers correct behavior? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?