Micro-Teaching

As I am two days into my three day lesson with the students in the middle school Ag class at bald eagle high school I am able to reflect. I am reflecting on how I am going to change my lessons for when I student teach. It is definitely different teaching my peer and then teaching actually students.

I think I struggle a lot in "assuming" what the student already know or have learned previously in the class. It is a little strange starting a new thing in the middle of a unit. The first day the students were very quiet, and they worked quietly and answered questions when they are called on.

Image result for classroom managementI think that I will be better at classroom management as I gain more experience as a teacher. I think that overall I had a lot of students that were very interested and I have kept their attention for both lessons thus far.

A lot of the students had questions about the swivel and why is was there recording my lesson. I should have made that announcement at the beginning of class on the first day. Students seemed to be a little distracted by the swivel following me around the room.

As I come close to the end of this semester at Penn State I look back at the classes that could/ should help me with the issues of classroom management. (keeping students on task.).  The first being AEE 412 the last week we are talking about different classroom management strategies, and how I can use them to help my teaching. The other is 311 with Dr. Curry, I think that there were a lot of side conversations that happened in 311 and I watched how Dr. Curry interacted with this side conversations.

The following is a link to some classroom management strategies that I found to be helpful.
https://www.prodigygame.com/blog/classroom-management-strategies/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?