Surprise!

When someone tells you they have a surprise for you, do you get nervous? I know I do. How do I know if the "surprise" will be a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe it is something that I don't want or need. On the other hand maybe the item is something I have been dreaming of. 
Image result for surprise
Either way a surprise is something that you don't see coming. This week in lab we had our surprise lab. this consisted of us creating a lesson plan, and then teaching another persons lesson. I can't say that I was terrified, but maybe a little nervous. I knew that the person that got my lesson would be fine (it was super detailed). 

I get to class, and we have 15 minutes to look over the other persons lesson. I got a very in depth electrical lesson. If we are being honest I had no idea, what ANY of the words were in context to electrical circuits. I don't know much of the science behind electricity. 

If anyone watched my video on edthenia this week you can tell that I took words out of context to make them fit to the lesson. I was actually really proud of myself with some of the connections that I made taking words that I didn't know in the context and relating them to something that I did know and that I could teach my students about. An example of this is the word terminal, I don't know what they do, but I know that the posts on car batteries are called terminals. I went to the white board and I drew a car battery. I thought that was super clever. 

Anyhow, I am sorry to the person that I change your entire lesson around because my electrical vocabulary is not the best. I know my pap would be a little disappointed being that he went to Penn State for electrical engineering. I can honestly say that what I do know about electricity I have learned from him on the farm. 

Back to the surprise thing, this was one that I thought would be bad, but turned out to be something that was really good for me. I encourage everyone to look at things a little more before judging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?