Taking on the Challenge

Image result for challengeThis is a challenge for me, how will I keep my students engaged? And How will I keep myself confident?I think that the most important thing for an agriculture teacher to do is to be confident. If you are confident the students are less likely to second guess you, but if you are not confident they may not learn the most from you. I have to challenge myself to understand that not knowing something is okay, and I WON'T know EVERYTHING about agriculture and that is okay. 



The concept that worries me most about my journey of student teaching is the idea of keeping my students engaged. I might be speaking for myself, but maybe we all can agree that this is a challenge. Especially with the distracting technology that seems to be stuck to our fingers most of the time.


The first principle of teaching and learning is organization and structure of subject matter. I think that this is a HUGE part of how students can be kept engaged and how they learn the best. If it is clear how the material being taught will help them or how it relates to them it will be learned not only faster but better. The students have the right to know how the material will guide them to reach their goals. That seems like a challenge to me, figuring out how to be organized, creative, and engaging.

I think that it is common knowledge that students learn their best by doing. One of my goals as a teacher is to do as many hands on activities as I can. If a student gets up and moves around the room to complete a task they are more likely to be interested by the material. I do believe that lecture is important, but I think that students are lectured at most of their school day. I know that there will be day's that I do lecture, and that seems to me like a challenge.

I have vowed myself to take on these different challenges to make myself the best teacher that I can be. As always I am interested in what has worked for others or if you have any advice or answers to my questions please be sure to share with me in the comments.
Thank you all for following my journey tof becoming a teacher.


  • As a student what is the best way to keep your attention? 
  • How do you identify how the material should be important to each student?  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?