Let's Get Interested!

Today was my interest approach lab, where I was instructed to come up with an interest approach that was between 5 and 10 minutes long. We all know how much I love cows, so I thought I would do something with cattle.. but what could be a good interest approach.

What is more interesting than the ruminant digestive system? I am sure that most of you have heard that cows have four stomachs, part of that rummer is true. The stomach is actually one unit, but has four different compartments. Mind Blown!

I thought for a while how to make an interest approach about the digestive system, then it hit me, a puzzle! Who doesn't loves puzzles? The students were given the task of putting the pieces in the correct spot, they had five minutes to do so. I then gave the students a blank cut out of the digestive system with all the pieces, they laid their pieces in the correct places on the blank cutout.

If the lesson were to have continues I would have had the students make their puzzles into a fold-able. This fold-able will be used to take notes during the lesson. Students will then be able to refer back to this fold-able when they are studying for the unit quiz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?