First Day of School

Image result for welcome school
Good afternoon, welcome to your 6th period introduction to agri-science class. I am Ms. Bracken your agriculture education teacher. As my students came in the door I greeted each one of them individually. I remember that the initial connection between me and my favorite teachers happened at the door. I welcomed my student by name and asked how they were doing today.

For the first day of school, its seem pretty typical to have a section of the lesson where I would go over the different expectations and the management practices of my classroom. I just believe as a teacher that it is more important for my students to get to know me first. I think that if I make a connection between me and my students, they will be able to learn better from me.

I might be tooting my own horn, but I really loved my activity that led to my students getting to know me. I had written questions about me, I had the answers written on note cards. Each student got three answer cards, which means that each student answers three questions about me as the teacher. I made some serious questions, but I also wanted to let them know that I am a human too. My favorite question was "one of my personal belongings got ran over by a bus, what was it" The one student said "taco" we laughed. Another student stood up and said "water bottle" and we all started laughing. Yes, I wanted this question to be funny, but I also wanted to use it to reference that I am a human and that inconveniences happen in my life too.

I then moved on to showing my posters that I made about the following Expectations, Procedures and Consequences of my classroom. When I go to use this lesson in a real class, while student teaching I would want to change this part. I want to make it more engaging, for my class.                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation is Success

Mock Interviews.

What is a Placement SAE?